SAME-DAY, NEXT DAY & EMERGENCY APPOINTMENTS AVAILABLE
TYPES OF SEDATION DENTISTRY
At Restorative and Implant Dentistry, our dentists are devoted to giving you the care that you deserve. We understand that dental procedures can trigger anxiety, and we are dedicated to ensuring that you are able to receive proper dental care despite your fears. Sedation dentistry uses different levels of sedation that are chosen on a patient-by-patient or procedure-by-procedure basis.
- Conscious sedation or Moderate sedation
- IV or deep sedation
- General anesthetic
MORE ABOUT SEDATION DENTISTRY
Since many oral health care procedures are imperative for your overall and oral health, especially procedures like professional cleanings, many dentists will offer sedation dentistry in order to accommodate patients with severe anxiety surrounding dental procedures.
All dental procedures done utilizing the tools of sedation dentistry will require that you have a ride home because you will not be fit to drive following your procedure. It is important to note that every individual reacts to sedation differently, so you and your dentist will have to determine what the best type of sedation is for you based on your health history, any prior reactions to sedation, and your procedure.
Levels of Sedation Explained
- Minimal: You are awake but relaxed enough that the procedure will not cause fear or anxiety.
- Conscious sedation or Moderate sedation: You will take a medication on the day of your procedure. You will remain awake, but you will not remember the procedure.
- IV or deep sedation: Intravenous sedation will sedate you the point that you are barely conscious. Your dentist will give you IV sedation right before your procedure. In this state, you can still be woken, but it usually results in less pain and an easier procedure.
- General anesthetic: With general anesthesia, you are completely unconscious.
GET IN TOUCH
POMPANO BEACH FL DENTIST
At Restorative and Implant Dentistry, your oral health is our top priority. If you want to know more about how sedation dentistry can make your dental care experience better and more relaxing, call our office today to schedule your appointment.