Dr. Slootsky has always been committed to maintaining the highest standards of dentistry possible with the latest technology and equipment. He is devoted to his patients’ needs and provides personalized treatment to each and every patient at Restorative and Implant Dentistry, all in a welcoming atmosphere.
Dr. Slootsky was born and raised in Bayonne, New Jersey. He attended Rutgers University in New Brunswick, New Jersey, and graduated from the College of Medicine and Dentistry (now Rutgers School of Dental Medicine) in Newark, New Jersey, in 1978. He completed a one-year general practice residency at the Jersey Shore Medical Center Fitkin Hospital in Neptune, New Jersey, next to Asbury Park. He then moved to Florida and spent one year in Gainesville working at the Union Correctional Institution in Raiford.
Dr. Slootsky, along with his wife Jill, settled in Boca Raton in 1980, when he established his current practice in Pompano Beach. He has taken thousands of hours of dental continuing education to provide you with exceptional care. He taught dentists at the Atlantic Coast Dental Research Clinic a course in Advanced Crown and Bridge for 10 years, and is now a Pankey visiting faculty, along with being an adjunct Professor of Prosthetics of the Dental School of NSU, Nova Southeastern University. He was awarded Mastership of the AGD, the Academy of General Dentistry, and Fellowship of the American College of Dentists, and International College of Dentists. He presently is involved in different clinical research studies thru the National Dental Practice-Based Research Network.
Dr. Slootsky successfully ascended Mt. Rainier to raise money for Operation Smile. When he’s not in the office, he’s probably enjoying the outdoors with Jill, his wife of more than 37 years, running, biking, or hiking.
Professional Organizations and Recognitions
- Southeastern Academy of Prosthodontics
- Nova Southeastern University, Department of Prosthodontics – Adjunct Professor
- Academy of General Dentistry – Master
- Pankey Institute – Visiting Faculty
- American College of Dentists – Fellow
- International College of Dentists – Fellow
- American Dental Association
- Florida Dental Association
- Atlantic Coast District Dental Association
- International Association of Dentists – Leading Physician of the World
- National Dental Practice-Based Research Network
- International Team for Implantology
- PEARL Network (Practitioners Engaged in Applied Research and Learning)- Practitioner-investigator (P-I)
- Guide to America’s Top Dentists” of the Consumers’ Research Council of America
- Top Dental Pro in Pompano Beach, FL for superior results using Invisalign
- Accommodation from the Florida Dental Association for educating the public on radio and TV