The first step to obtaining dental implants is to contact our team at Restorative and Implant Dentistry, a Pompano Beach FL dental implant practice, and determine if you are a good candidate. People who need dental implants usually have:
- Lost a tooth or teeth to decay or trauma
- Potential bone loss in their jaw due to the absence of original teeth
- A desire for a natural looking restoration to replace the missing tooth / teeth
If you have dental anxiety, you can still receive dental implants. Our team can administer oral sedation to take away your fears and leave you relaxed yet awake for the procedures.
BENEFITS OF DENTAL IMPLANTS
Given that you are healthy and committed to good oral hygiene, dental implants can be a good option for tooth replacement. Dental implant surgery generally happens in two sessions. During the first surgery, Dr. Alan Slootsky, DMD, MAGD, FACD will place the implants in your jawbone. After this, your jawbone and the implants will undergo a process called osteointegration wherein the implant will fuse to your jawbone. After this process, Dr. Slootsky will attach abutments to the implants, which serve as anchors for the replacement tooth.
Dental implants don’t just replace a missing tooth. They have many other benefits as well, including the ability to:
- Dental implants are designed to look and feel like a natural tooth
- Since the dental implant fuses with your bone, the discomfort of dentures is not a
- Dental Implants prevent further bone loss
- Unlike bridges and dentures, dental implants are permanent and more stable
- Last the rest of your lifetime, with a 95-98% success rate
- Improve your smile, your self-esteem, and your self-confidence
During an initial appointment, we will work closely with you to develop a personalized treatment plan to ensure that you get the care you deserve. You will have the opportunity to ask any questions you have about the surgery and the recovery time during your appointment. Our Pompano Beach FL dental implant specialists are dedicated to making you feel at ease about your procedure.
If you need replacement teeth, we invite you to learn more about dental implants at a complimentary consultation. Our doctors will be happy to answer your questions and explain your options. Our Pompano Beach FL dental implant practice is qualified to offer dental implant restorations to replace single teeth and to secure dentures, partials, and bridges.