If somebody has a TMJ problem, I like to see, is it in the muscles or joint? Or sometimes if it's an infection? Many times a TMJ problem just could be a undiagnosed root canal issue. So so we do that. I'll make a bite appliance and after I do that I may refer to an Osteopath. But I don't just put the bite appliance in, I follow it along because as the muscles relax the patient is going to hit on the bite appliance differently so it has to be adjusted as we go along. I've had maybe six patients in my career that I had to refer out for surgery so we only use somebody who I feel is tops in their fields
- Put an end to your jaw pain
- End chronic headaches, earaches, and other related symptoms
- Stop tooth damage caused by bruxism (grinding)
- Give you a more comfortable bite
Thirty-five years ago, Dr. Slootsky sought out TMJ solutions for his wife to help her find relief. He has been working ever since to help patients like you solve their TMJ problems. He uses advanced technology like T-Scan® bite analysis and our in-house CBCT scanner to troubleshoot your TMJ problems and provide the best treatment possible.
Let an experienced dental team take care of your TMJ issues. Call us today at 954-590-0538.
Get Targeted Treatment for Your TMJ Pain
TMJ treatment at our office will start by trying to determine the exact source of your pain, which can involve your teeth, your muscles around the temporomandibular joint (TMJ), or the joint itself. We may use T-Scan bite analysis technology to pinpoint the source, especially for bite-related problems. Once we know where your pain is coming from, we can develop a completely personalized treatment plan to provide the relief you need.
We offer three main types of TMJ therapies based on where your pain originates.
- Cranial-sacral therapy – This form of massage therapy focuses on the bones in your head, your spine, and the sacrum (the V-shaped formation of bones at the base of the spine).
- Muscle release therapy – This type of massage therapy can release the tension built up in the muscles that control your temporomandibular joint.
- Bite appliances – Adjusting the way your jaw comes together often can give you a great deal of relief. Our dentists will provide a custom-made bite appliance to alleviate pressure on your TMJ and let it heal. Appliances can also eliminate bruxism and protect your teeth from destructive grinding. We make the bite appliance in our own lab to give you pain relief as quickly as possible.
Ready to find the TMJ relief you’ve been looking for? Call our Pompano Beach, FL dental office at 954-590-0538 to schedule your appointment.