If somebody has a TMJ problem, I like to see, is it in the muscles or joint? Or sometimes if it's an infection? Many times a TMJ problem just could be a undiagnosed root canal issue. So so we do that. I'll make a bite appliance and after I do that I may refer to an Osteopath. But I don't just put the bite appliance in, I follow it along because as the muscles relax the patient is going to hit on the bite appliance differently so it has to be adjusted as we go along. I've had maybe six patients in my career that I had to refer out for surgery so we only use somebody who I feel is tops in their fields
Restorative and Implant Dentistry is a premier TMJ treatment Pompano Beach, FL area. We can help you manage your TMJ pain and find the relief you have been searching for. We offer technology like T-scan® bite analysis to get to the bottom of your TMJ problems and provide the best dental treatment possible. Get your TMJ issues taken care of by our experienced dental team. Call our Pompano Beach, FL dentist office today at 954-590-0538.
Thirty-five years ago, Dr. Slootsky sought out TMJ solutions for his wife to help her find relief. He has been working ever since to help patients like you solve their TMJ problems.
What Causes TMJ Disorder?
One of the biggest mysteries in dental care is TMJ disorder (temporomandibular joint disorder, or TMD). Your TMJ is the joint that connects your jaw to the rest of your skull and can cause pain when something is wrong with it. Although a definite cause of TMD is unknown, we do know what contributes to TMJ disorder:
- Grinding your teeth (bruxism), which can double as a symptom and cause of TMD
- Movement of the cushion inside the jaw joint
- Trauma to the jaw area
- Misaligned bite
Many doctors refer their patients to Restorative and Implant Dentistry because of our expertise in TMJ disorders. TMJ treatment Pompano Beach, FL will start by trying to determine the exact source of your pain, whether your teeth, your muscles around the jaw joint, or the joint itself. We may use T-Scan bite analysis technology to pinpoint the source, especially for bite-related problems. Once we know where your pain is coming from, we can develop a completely personalized treatment plan to give you the relief you need.
We offer three main types of TMJ treatment Pompano Beach, FL based on where your pain originates.
- Cranial-Sacral Therapy – This form of massage therapy focuses on the bones in your head, your spine, and the sacrum (the V-shaped formation of bones at the base of the spine).
- Muscle Release Therapy – This type of massage therapy can release the tension built up in the muscles that control your temporomandibular joint.
- Bite Appliances – Many times, adjusting the way your jaw comes together can give you a great deal of relief. We will provide a bite appliance to help alleviate any pressure on your TMJ and let it heal. The appliances can also eliminate bruxism and protect your teeth from the grinding. We make the bite appliance in our own lab to give you pain relief as quickly as possible.
Are My Migraines Caused by TMJ Disorder?
Migraine headaches are a common symptom of TMJ disorders. The muscles that control your TMJ go all the way up the side of your head into your temples. Any issue with the joint can cause chronic headaches. Our TMJ treatment Pompano Beach, FL can eliminate associated headaches, too.
Find TMJ Relief at Restorative and Implant Dentistry
Ready to find the TMJ relief you have been looking for? Call our Pompano Beach, FL dentist office at 954-590-0538 to schedule your TMJ treatment Pompano Beach, FL. You can use our online form to schedule your appointment also.