Our office has been mercury-free for about 25 years. I've always been concerned with it. I'm not an alarmist, however I know that the ad a feels that the silver mercury fillings are safe and I respect that I never tell a patient to take out mercury fillings because of health reasons. However, my concern is that the amalgam fillings expand and contract more than the tooth structure does. So under these large amalgam silver fillings, we see cracks under these teeth and then that can cause a lot of other problems. So we've been using bonded type restorations for a very, very long time. They are a little more difficult to do, they take more time, they develop that you need a higher skill level but for those types of fillings we use bindings. And what we've done is we've made a commitment to this where we use the type of materials that we have very high success with. So while our materials are unit dosed so they're always very fresh every single material that we use is fresh.
- Relieve pain caused by decay
- Keep your smile looking good
- Reduce sensitivity to hot or cold beverages or foods
- Replace an old filling that is causing discomfort and/or dental damage
Call our Pompano Beach, FL dental office at 954-590-0538 to schedule your restorative dental appointment.
Our Dentists Use the Right Materials for Your Restoration
Dr. Slootsky and Dr. Baez want to make sure that any restorative dental treatment leaves your tooth as strong and healthy as possible. To ensure we use the best material for your specific situation, we offer both e.max porcelain and tooth-colored composite resin for our dental fillings.
- Our e.max porcelain material is amazingly strong but thin, so it bonds well with your tooth. It also provides a natural-looking appearance.
- Composite resin, while not as hard as porcelain, will more fully bond with your tooth and seamlessly blend in with your smile.
Our dentists never use amalgam (metal) fillings. In addition to health concerns associated with mercury and other materials in amalgam fillings, large amalgam fillings tend to crack over time due to frequent expansion and contraction. A cracked filling makes it possible for more decay to get into your tooth, causing advanced damage.
Stay Comfortable While You Get Your Tooth Filling
As with any procedure in our Pompano Beach, FL office, our caring staff will keep you comfortable while you get your filling. You can get these comfort options during your treatment:
- TVs and headphones
- Cozy blankets and pillows
- Articulating headrests so you don’t strain your neck
- Dental sedation, if you need it
You need healthy teeth – let Restorative and Implant Dentistry make sure you keep them decay-free. Call our dental office today at 954-590-0538 to schedule your restorative dental appointment and find out more about tooth fillings.